For a thorough preparation on the SAT exam, you need to know and understand the exact structure for the same. Read on to know further the structure for SAT exam.
SAT Exam Structure
The following information gives a brief about the exam structure for the SAT exam. Read on to know what the exam structure is for SAT
SAT can be divided into three major categories of Mathematics, Critical Reading, and Writing. Each major section is further divided into three sub categories. The total score for SAT is 2400 and the score is divided into 800 marks for each section. There are 10 sub-sections in each major section and the total time for the exam is 3 hours and 45 minutes which generally exceed to 4 hours due to form filling, distribution of material, break for 10 minutes or more.
SAT Test Structure
The mathematics section is also known as quantitative section or quantitative aptitude. There are three sub-sections in it, two 25 minutes sections and one 20 minutes section.
· One 25 minute section has 20 multiple choice questions.
· There is 10-grid like questions in the second 25 minutes sections. There is no negative marking for that. The other questions consist of 8 multiple choice questions. There is negative marking in these 8 multiple choice questions.
· The last 20 minutes section has 16 multiple choice questions.
· Critical reading is also known as verbal reading. Unlike the other major sections it also has two 25 minutes sections and one 20 minute section.
· There are short and long reading passages and sentence completion kind of questions in this section.
· The content for passages consists of subjects like physical sciences, humanities, social studies or personal narrative experiences.
· The basic approach for the writing section is to check the candidate’s command over grammar.
· The section is for 60 minutes and includes questions on sentence completion, error identification, sentence and paragraph improvement questions.
· This section also tests the candidate’s logical arrangement of ideas and his or her approach towards a particular subject.
· A student should try to write the given essays in more than 380 words or up to 410 words. They are usually given higher scores than other candidates who just write around 200 to 300 words.
· SAT recommends attempting only those questions, on which a candidate is fully confident due to his or her knowledge or skills on the subject.
· Vague guesses can lead to negative marking and a lower score too.
· The structure for SAT clearly signifies that it tests a student’s capabilities in the subjects he has studied, command over grammar, diction and maths related aptitude.
SAT Reasoning Test (SAT 1)
Universities in U.S.A invite prospective candidates for advanced studies on the basis of SAT Test 1. The test is divided into verbal, mathematical and critical writing skills. The purpose is to comprehend the aptitude of candidates and analyze that they are promising enough for taking up higher level studies. The total score is 2400.
· It is a 70 minutes section, further divided into two 25 minutes sections and one 20 minutes section. It constitutes, reading comprehensions, sentence completions and paragraph length critical reading.
· It is also a 70 minute section, split into two 25 minutes and one 20 minutes section. It constitutes number and operations, algebra and functions, geometry, statistics, probability and data analysis.
Critical Writing Skills
· It is a 60 minute section, having multiple choice grammar questions and an essay.
· SAT 2 is taken to get admission into the top 15 to 20 colleges in U.S.A. It judges the ability and proficiency to apply knowledge into practicality.
· The test has a total score of 800 and it is a paper based test. It is offered in any five general subjects like physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics level 1, mathematics level 2, English literature, history and languages.
· Candidates are supposed to take both the SAT tests to seek admission in the best colleges of U.S.A. SAT test 2 ensures your chances more, if you take the test with SAT 1 and can provide you better opportunities with the same resources.
Preparation should always be followed by tricks. Read on to know how to earn high SAT score.
You must know the correct procedure to cancel the test scores and what are the implications of the same. Read on to know how to cancel test scores.
Do not miss on any sort of information, as it directly relates to your career. Read on to know the validity of the SAT scores.
Do not miss on those important documents which can restrict from taking the exam. Read on to know what to bring to SAT exam center.
The most critical part in a competition is the need of a proper direction. Read on to know some general tips for SAT exam.
Registration process for the SAT or any other exam is a critical process. Read on to know how to register SAT exam.
The first thing that strikes a student's mind after knowing about the examination is the fees structure. Read on to know the fees structure for SAT/ Scholastic Aptitude Test
Pull up your socks and get ready with the mandatory documents. Read on to know the identification requirements for SAT exam.
The following questions serve as the most frequently asked questions in the SAT. Go through the questions to reduce on your ambiguities.