Earn a world-recognized degree and take back home an experience of a lifetime with a Master's degree course from Germany. Know the various postgraduate programs offered in Germany.
Masters Degree in Germany
With a history dating 600 years back, the German system of higher education is one of the oldest in the world. The enormous contribution to learning, extensive research opportunities and magnificent knowledge providers make Germany a sought-after destination for higher studies. The level of satisfaction provided by the numerous courses offered by German universities is comparable to none in the world, considering the reputation this country has earned over the last few decades in the fields of innovation and technology. One of the world leaders of empowering education, Germany proves to be a significant contributor in postgraduate study programs available for foreign students. It is the quest for further and latest knowledge that draw considerable number of undergraduates from all over the world to this breathtaking country. The programs offered at postgraduate level qualify the successful students to be awarded with a master’s degree, accredited and well accepted round the globe. In the following sections, find out the different courses available to international students at postgraduate level and the requirements for applying to a German university.
Masters Degree in Germany
A German postgraduate degree enjoys international recognition and appreciation. The master’s program prepares you to branch out into an area of your interest for further research, or gives you best opportunities in finding your dream job.
After completing your first-level of academic degree with a bachelor’s degree, it is the continuation of study for the second-level of academic qualification that is referred to as the master’s degree. Lasting for two to four semesters, postgraduate programs enable the students to expand their existing knowledge and skills in their preferred subject, often chosen from the subjects studied at the first-level. The rules and regulations are structured by the degree programs undertaken by the students. The content and coursework are specified in the program syllabus, along with the requirements that the students have to fulfill to receive the degree. The study regulations can be downloaded from the university’s website. The academic sessions are categorized into modules, wherein each module needs to be completed within a maximum of two semesters to qualify for the degree. Students have to undertake lectures, seminars, and practical sessions to comply with the requirements of the degree. Credit points awarded for each module are accumulated and totaled at the end of the course. To receive a master’s degree, one should earn 60 to 120 credit points. Even though postgraduate courses are offered in both English and German, but it’s best to take up a German language course alongside to easily adapt to the lifestyle of Germany and increase chances of getting hired in a German company, if so desired.
Higher studies in Germany are divided by two semesters - summer and winter. The summer semester runs from April until September, while the winter semester begins in October and ends in March. Both the academic sessions declare some holidays which are utilized by the students for submitting research tests, research papers, and undertaking examinations.
Subjects for Master’s Degree
Agriculture, Forestry, Domestic and Nutritional Sciences, Art, Music, Drama, Design, Engineering, Medicine, Health Sciences, Language, Media, Cultural Studies, Law, Economics, Social Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Natural Sciences
- The primary eligibility requirement for a postgraduate degree program is a four-year bachelor’s degree. However, some German universities also accept students with three-year bachelor’s degree. So, a minimum of 15-16 years of formal education is mandatory for applying to a master’s program.
- Get degrees and certificates from your university or college last attended, indicating your study program and final grades awarded.
- Student who desire to take up the postgraduate courses in English, have to take the TOEFL and submit along with the application.
- Those students who are willing to pursue their master’s degree program in German should submit a proof of their German language proficiency through certificates.
- For applying to management courses, GMAT scores are required, while some engineering programs ask for GRE scores. Check with the requirements of the university you are applying to.
- Proof of medical/health insurance
- A valid passport and student visa
- Three passport-size photographs
- Conduct research of the various universities offering courses of your choice in Germany through the internet and their respective websites.
- Go through the eligibility and requirements for each selected university and check whether you qualify with its demands.
- Draft an email or send airmail to the university requesting for application information and forms. As an alternate, you can even download the application form from the university’s website and use it as any regular form.
- Certain German universities also have online application facility, wherein you can fill an online form asking for sending you the application material.
- Depending upon each university’s requirements, gather all the documents and certificates.
- Completed application forms and documents should be mailed to the admissions office within the official application period. The last date for applying for the summer semester is generally January 15, while the closing date for the winter semester is July 15. However, check with the universities you are applying to for their respective deadlines.
Planning to pursue your higher studies in Germany? Read this article to discover the top universities in Germany.
Germany is your destination if you wish to develop professional skills and earn excellent earning opportunities. This article presents the different internship programs offered in Germany.
Leaf through this write-up to discover the different doctoral programs offered by German universities.
Shape your management skills and business expertise with a German MBA degree. This article enlists the various MBA programs offered by universities in Germany.
Acquiring a Bachelor's degree from a German university is a dream for many foreign students. Explore this piece to discover the various undergraduate courses offered in Germany.
Seeking admission in a German university requires you to follow a set of rules and regulations. Go through this write-up to know about university admission in Germany.
If you are strong-willed to take up a higher education in Germany, then knowing the study cost will be highly useful. This article focuses on the overall cost of studying in Germany.
A suitable visa is required to pursue studies in Germany. This article emphasizes on the student visa information for entry into Germany.
Germany follows the classic education system but with a difference. Surf through this piece to learn about the educational structure prevailing in Germany.